Suggestions & Complaints

Suggestions & Feedback

Online Suggestions and Feedback

Your feedback and suggestions are important to us - whether this be positive feedback or suggestions on how be can improve our service.

Please use the linked form to send any feedback or suggestions to us. 

Please Note:

Medical matters and offical complaints cannot be dealt with via this form. If you have a query regarding a medical matter, please telephone reception to make an appointment to see the appropriate person. 

NHS Friends and Family

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

About Complaints

How long do I have to make a complaint?

All complaints should be made as soon as possible. However, should you decide to complain at a later stage, complaints can be made within 12 months of the event. Should a complaint be raised after 12 months, it is at the discretion of the practice to investigate your concerns after this time.

How we investigate comaplaints:

If you wish to raise your concern verbally and do not wish to make a formal complaint requiring a written response, a manager will try to speak to you as soon as possible. Should a manager not be available at the time, you should expect to receive a telephone call back within 2 working days to deal with your concerns.

We will listen to your concerns and try to resolve the matter to your satisfaction.

Should you wish for put your complaint in writing, we will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days to inform you that your complaint has been received and investigated.

The Practice Manager will investigate all incidents. We aim to response to you within 20 working days. Some complaints can take longer depending on the investigation. Should a response require longer, you will be notified in writing.

Our Service to Patients:

We are committed to providing a high quality service to our patients. Although most of our patients and carers are happy with the service they receive from us, we understand that at times this may not always be achieved which may lead patients, carers or their relatives feeling dissatisfied. At any time that things go wrong, please let us know so we can investigate and improve our services.

If at all possible, please speak to any member of staff about an incident, issue or dissatisfaction as soon as possible. There are times that issues can be dealt with quickly and resolved to your satisfaction without the need to complain.

Who can complain?

All patients registered at the practice can make a complaint informally or formally in writing. At times, patients feel unable to do this themselves and may wish a relative or carer to complain on their behalf. Permission must be provided in writing before the practice can pursue the complaint on a patient’s behalf to ensure confidentiality is maintained.

If you do not feel satisfied with our response:

We will make every effort to try and resolve the complaint to your satisfaction. However, you may wish to ask the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) for independent, free advice and information, support or representation with your complaint about NHS treatment. You can contact them on: 08088023000

If you are not happy with our response, please let us know as soon as possible to arrange a meeting or investigate further. You may wish to contact the parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman for help on: 03450154033 or visit

 Service Improvements:

The practice continually reviews and makes changes to the services that we provide to our patients. All complaints will consider any improvements to be made to avoid repeated incidents or dissatisfaction with the care, treatment and services we provide to our patients.

Making a Complaint

Contacting us...

In Person or Telephone- Ask to speak to one of the supervisors or managers working that day. We would encourage all patients to discuss any concerns first to try and resolve any issues quickly.

In writing - Ask reception for a complaints form and write FAO Managing Partner, Colton Mill Medical Centre, Stile Hill Way, LS15 9JH 

Online - Find the Online Complaint Form linked